Our client, powered by one of the most successful companies in the logistic and international trasportation sector, set out to be the #1 tech delivery Company in Italy. To get there they are convinced that there is only one way: superior Technology.
They are looking for a CTO - Chief Technology Officer to join their team and lead the charge in building a world-class technology environment that will enable their industry-leading delivery services.
Their platform aims to optimize supply chain management, enhance last-mile delivery efficiency, and create a seamless experience for users and customers. As the CTO, you will play a pivotal role in shaping the technological roadmap, driving innovation, and transforming ideas into scalable solutions.
What You'll Do:
you will play a pivotal role in shaping technology landscape and driving the development of the product from architecture to delivery. Your main responsibilities will include:
- Building the Technology Environment and governance: You will be responsible for architecting and
building the technology ecosystem that underpins delivery services. This includes identifying and implementing the right solutions and their governance to support our rapid growth and stay ahead of the competition and ensuring operations management
- Product and Process Development and Focus: You will keep the big picture in mind while leading the development of the product. Your vision and leadership will guide the team in creating a seamless and customer-centric experience
- Exploring and Innovating: You will continuously explore and evaluate the latest technology trends and advancements beyond our industry. Your ability to innovate relentlessly will drive the company to stay at the forefront of the logistics and digital space (Explore and improve upon current and future technology landscapes. Looking beyond our industry and adopting the right solutions)
- Embracing Fast Growth: the company is growing rapidly, and you will thrive in this fast-paced environment, ensuring technology scales efficiently to support our expansion through an enabling and unifying tool
What skills do you have:
- DevOps Expertise: Implement and lead DevOps practices with special regards to cloud-native and DOMA microservices approaches (AWS preferred) ensuring continuous integration and delivery pipelines, automation, and efficient deployment processes. Streamline development operations to enhance the scalability, reliability, and security of the platform.
- UX and UI Mastery: Drive the creation of intuitive, user-centric interfaces that deliver a seamless experience to customers. Collaborate closely with design and development teams to deliver aesthetically pleasing and highly functional user interfaces, mastering collaboration and rapid prototyping with Miro and Figma
- IT Architecture, Operations and Delivery: Develop and maintain a robust and scalable IT architecture that supports current needs while anticipating future requirements. Define technology standards, best practices, SOPs and guidelines to ensure effective continuous project delivery to support the business. The technology landscape requires deep knowledge of the latest cloud-native approaches (data mesh) for AWS, Microsoft Azure, GCP, Snowflake … Their applications are mainly in Java and Typescript, with extensive use of serverless (lambda) functions
- Data and AI-first Mentality: the company is data-driven for real and data is the differentiator. You’ve to master a data-centric approach to prototype, experiment with and manage data pipeline and MLOps approaches designed to enable forthcoming business use cases. Required: 1. Proficiency in data governance, especially across producers and consumers; 2. A strong, hands-on knowledge on data preparation and data visualization tools is required (Microsoft PowerBI, for instance); 3. Prompt engineering and generative AI for business experimentation is an important plus.
- Business Acumen: Understand the logistics industry and the evolving market trends deeply, knowing the business needs and supporting day by day business. Translate business goals into technical strategies and prioritize projects based on their impact on the company's objectives.
- High Innovation Drive: Foster a culture of innovation. Identify and leverage emerging technologies to gain a competitive edge and drive disruptive solutions.
- Team Leadership: Build and lead a high-performing team, fostering a collaborative and inclusive environment. Coach and mentor team members to achieve their full potential.
- Vendor Management: Collaborate with external technology partners and vendors, ensuring alignment with objectives and maximizing the value of partnerships.
To succeed in this role, you have:
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Information Technology, or a related field (Master's degree preferred).
- Proven experience (at least 10 years) in a technology leadership role, preferably in the logistics or supply chain domain.
- A track record of driving innovation and implementing cutting-edge technologies to gain a competitive advantage and proven experience in managing and coordinating distributed and remote teams.
- Excellent communication and leadership skills, with the ability to inspire and influence cross-functional teams.
- Proven experience in managing and mentoring technical teams, promoting a positive and growth-focused culture.
Why Join Us:
This is an exceptional opportunity for an ambitious and forward-thinking CTO to lead the technology initiatives of a high-growth logistics digital start-up. As part of the team, you will have the chance to leave a significant impact on the company's growth and success. We offer a competitive salary package and a collaborative work environment that values innovation and creativity.
If you are passionate about technology, logistics, and making a real difference in the industry, we would love to hear from you.