For our client operating in the food delivery sector, we are looking for an ACCOUNTANT specialized in GENERAL ACCOUNTING.
You will be part of a dynamic and high-performing team that manages the day-to-day accounting activities for the Italian entity.
This is a hands-on role that will make you responsible for recording/reporting accounting transactions, managing Profit & Loss and Balance Sheet accounts, reconciling balances and period-end activities.
- 2+ years of proven experience in a dynamic multinational environment
- A bachelor’s degree in accounting or relevant finance experience
- Awareness of GAAP and IFRS guidelines and preferably applicable accounts payable/general ledger systems and procedures.
- Good knowledge of English
- Knowledge and understanding of front-end / external / feeder systems and related data flow.
- Proficient in MS Excel and MS Word
- Strong data analytics skill set
- Support period end close processes
- Ensuring the delivery of R2R by performing period-end cut-off procedures in the sub-ledgers, recording sub-ledger journal entries or operational transactions and reconciling sub-ledger to general ledger account balances
- Perform reconciliation/closing of various accounts like accounts payable, receivable, inventory, intercompany transactions and financial record keeping
- Identifying, researching, and resolving discrepancies
- Performing period-end accruals
- Support intercompany accounting and consolidation processes
- Assist in statutory and non-statutory Financial Statement preparation
- Performing IFRS 16 accounting
- Completes the period data upload per legal entity from ERP to the consolidation tool
- Performs processing of bank transactions and bank statement reconciliation
- Performs asset accounting (additions), change or transfer of an asset and recording manual journal entries
- Performing the netting of prepaid expenses, VAT, AP/AR and inter-company affiliates
- Performing roll forward process (year-end) in the ERP
Work office: Milan